Sunday, January 18, 2009

The sorrows of living

The pitfalls and traps of life are in pursuit of me.
I evaded it, dodging and latching onto whatever I could
But the tentacles crept growing longer and stronger
Each tendril was making an own path around thee,
The feeling of each of it growing was like a caress
I nurtured them gave them my blood and breath,
They too agreed to be my pals till death,
I enjoyed their company with all my heart,
Not caring about the flaws that would be caused.
This went on and on making the world turn around
Until one day I felt myself not so sound…
The feel of the parasites squeezing by their hugs,
Scratching my mind with their poisonous claws,
Which was once my life is now theirs.
I struggled, screamed and fought to set myself free
But the devil would not go without killing thee,
Helplessness is all it would have been,
If I wouldn’t have found my powers that would clear my sin.
I flexed, shrieked, tore at them frantically
Unknowing that the titanic wars have just begun
And the opponent also being from within…
All they did was show their hypnotic touch,
I evaded the wars with a thought in mind.
Searching for a way to end this madness was my goal.
A streak of light caught my attention and dazzled me.
The window of hope in the darkness of sorrow I can see.
I jumped, clinging to the edges of it in a haze
Still thinking if the heavenly memories should be got rid of in the blaze.
I left hold and fell deep, waking with a start
Scarred bruised and broken I was all,
My present state being my own decision made me wiser and older.
God forgive me is all I thought
One day he would give me what I want.
Till then never force him to give what. I want

1 comment: